A future for the MyHDL community?

I know this is an old thread but it seems to be a very important one for a new user such as myself to understand the direction of myhdl.

As a new user of myhdl and add-ons myhdlpeek & pygmyhld from @devbisme I’m really excited about writing HDL in python with all it’s benefits. In particular writing tests is so much easier (at least for me where I have 10X the experience in python over verilog).

However, reading this thread I’m worried if I should invest my time here or just suck it up and write in Verilog? Myhdl seems to be very capable with lots of great examples from several contributors but there are bound to be bugs/enhancements that will continually be needed.

Perhaps there are work arounds that those more experienced have figured out. In fact, @josyb and @DrPi helped me with an issue I was having yesterday. This actually gave me a lot of encouragement that there is an active community willing to help newbies like myself. Thank you very much!

My basic question is whether myhdl will continue mostly “as-is” with workarounds suggested by the community or if there is a plan to continue active development (possibly via a fork)? The latter of course is a huge responsibility and undertaking and one that folks just may not have time for.

So should I stay or should I go?

I look forward to your inputs about the present & future of myhdl

Eric